Voice or video calls, what do you prefer?

Henrywrites

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Communication has been made easier in the sense that we can now do video calls or voice calls. Between both, which one would you like to use often as a means of communication?

Text messages!

I think video calls are better because it is more immersive because I can hear their voice and see a video of their face, and see the background like their room they are using for their video call.

I can also share my computer desktop screen during a video call if I want to show the caller what program I am using, or what game I am playing.

Video calls can be useful for talking with non-english speakers because I can show them a picture or use sign-language to try to communicate with them.

Voice calls.
I don't really like video calls unless I am close to the other person...

I'm not a fan of calls but I prefer voice over video. I hate going on zoom in the mornings when I'm tired haha

I'm not a fan of calls but I prefer voice over video. I hate going on zoom in the mornings when I'm tired haha
Video calls stops me from doing anything else. I hate being forced to be in one place.

Voice if I have to, text mostly.

Third option of good ol' emails lol But to answer, I would say voice. I don't really care for either. But voice is more along the lines for phone calls. Video is a phone call with visual. No thank you!

It depends on the person I'm talking to. Some people I wouldn't mind seeing while I talk to them. Others.....I would be okay with just voice calls.

Third option of good ol' emails lol But to answer, I would say voice. I don't really care for either. But voice is more along the lines for phone calls. Video is a phone call with visual. No thank you!
I'm super cool with emails. My work have made me fall in love with emails good.

Video calls make me so nervous! I hate being looked at and would much prefer texting over anything. If I had to choose, it would just be a voice call. I never know what to say though, and rely on others to really lead the conversation. Even with family. My sisters-in-law prefer to video chat, so I'm forced to participate a few times a year.

Video calls make me so nervous! I hate being looked at and would much prefer texting over anything. If I had to choose, it would just be a voice call. I never know what to say though, and rely on others to really lead the conversation. Even with family. My sisters-in-law prefer to video chat, so I'm forced to participate a few times a year.
I don't even answer video calls. I will wait for it to end and never answer it. I can take audio calls whenever it comes but I still prefer text or chats.

If you're not an immediate family member like my brother, sister or my parents, I would never pick your video call. If you push it too much, I'll block you.

Back