Own it?

• Total voters

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
893488-super_metroid_box.jpg
So Super Metroid was released in Japan on this day 20 years ago. I didn't get the chance to play it until last year when it was $0.30 through the Wii U VC promotion. Gotta say it was worth all 30 pennies I paid for it. Combat and platforming were great and inspired the very popular Metroidvanias (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow, etc). The game didn't bother with holding your hand though; a lot of secrets had to be found through dumb luck. I also never got down the wall jump and it still haunts me to this day!

I played through the game on my wii BUT it was on a SNES emulator :p. A fine game indeed. Very challenging and eerie.

I've never played Super Metroid. I've only played Metroid Prime, but I didn't really like it. If it's just a labrynthy as Prime or the original, which I assume it is, I have no intention of playing it. Though wow it's been 20 years since its release.

I played through the game on my wii BUT it was on a SNES emulator :p. A fine game indeed. Very challenging and eerie.

Oh you... I wonder... can the Wii Mini be modified?

I've never played Super Metroid. I've only played Metroid Prime, but I didn't really like it. If it's just a labrynthy as Prime or the original, which I assume it is, I have no intention of playing it. Though wow it's been 20 years since its release.

It's pretty labrynthy so you probably wouldn't like it.

Never played it either. I rented one for the Gamecube once, no idea which game, and couldn't really figure out what I was supposed to do, besides being able to turn into a ball... Didn't really like it much.

Best 2D Metroid game for exploring!

PS:I am an awesome wall jumper... :grin:

PPS: Also SHINESPARK!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PS:I am an awesome wall jumper... :grin:

Man I am so jealous. I raged so hard when I couldn't get it down. Whenever I did it was due to sheer luck. I also hated the fact that you needed it for certain areas!

Back