PS4 Question.....

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
They've made several Twisted Metal games over the years (it's a vehicular combat game). My older brother had one for his PS1 years ago and I enjoyed playing it. I'm wondering if they're going to make a Twisted Metal game for the PS4 (now that I have a PS4)? Do you think they'll continue the Twisted Metal game for the PS4 or PS5?

Read this from CB:

The creator of the Twisted Metal franchise, which first began on the original PlayStation, doesn't believe that a new installment in the series is on its way. This news comes about less than a day after a new rumor emerged indicating that PlayStation could be looking to return to the franchise in the coming years. And while such a development could still come to fruition, one of the faces that is most well known for being involved in the franchise hasn't heard of any such move.

In a new series of comments of his own YouTube channel, David Jaffe, who was the game director of nearly every installment in the Twisted Metal series, opened up with his own thoughts on what he has heard about the franchise. Jaffe said that to his knowledge, PlayStation isn't in the process of creating a new game, assumedly for PlayStation 5. "I haven’t heard a thing… from official Sony words or behind the scenes stuff, and I hear a lot of behind the scenes stuff that I’m not supposed to know," Jaffe told his audience. "You would’ve thought I would’ve heard this one."

Jaffe did go on to say, however, that he might not be the most well-liked person at Sony right now, which is potentially why if a new Twisted Metal game were in the works, he wouldn't know about it. He also expressed that if a new title for PS5 was in development, it would actually hurt him. "I don’t think I’m Sony’s favorite person right now, just because of this stream and everything. [But] if it’s true I would be very, very hurt that PlayStation didn’t ask for my input at best, or at worst, at least let me know it was happening," he said.

*sigh*

I was really hoping there would be another one now that I have a PS4. This makes me sad.

read new stuff of new Twisted Metal in the works, VentureBeat reporter Jeff Grubb:

“I think Twisted Metal is in the works but it may still be a ways off, so I think we’re early,” Grubb said. “That speaks to a larger strategy shift from Sony—well, it’s not even a shift, it’s a ‘broadening’ of their strategy.

“If they have Twisted Metal ready to show [at Thursday’s PlayStation Showcase 2021], they might. But either way, it does seem like it’s in the works, it does seem that it’s coming, and it does seem like it does not involve David Jaffe.”

read new stuff of new Twisted Metal in the works, VentureBeat reporter Jeff Grubb:

“I think Twisted Metal is in the works but it may still be a ways off, so I think we’re early,” Grubb said. “That speaks to a larger strategy shift from Sony—well, it’s not even a shift, it’s a ‘broadening’ of their strategy.

“If they have Twisted Metal ready to show [at Thursday’s PlayStation Showcase 2021], they might. But either way, it does seem like it’s in the works, it does seem that it’s coming, and it does seem like it does not involve David Jaffe.”

fine by me, last few games were meh.

Back