Mass shooting in Maine

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Wednesday evening, a man went on a shooting spree at a bowling alley and a restaurant in Lewiston, Maine. 18 were killed and 13 have been injured while the suspect, Robert Card, is still at large.

What are your thoughts on this?

Yuck! Mass shootings suck horribly! Even if the suspect escapes judgement from the justice system by suicide, he can NEVER EVER escape judgement from GOD! I hope he gets what's coming to him, DEAD OR ALIVE!

They STILL havent caught him yet? Me thinks he escaped into Canada.

Ehh just because nobody lives in Maine doesnt mean you're easier to hide. Nobody lives in Nebraska but I can guarantee you the cops would find you if they really wanted to.

Ehh just because nobody lives in Maine doesnt mean you're easier to hide. Nobody lives in Nebraska but I can guarantee you the cops would find you if they really wanted to.
It depends on the time of year. If the corn fields are up, it’d be easier.

Also we’re comparing a heavily forested state to a prairie state. You can see Canada with how flat and treeless Nebraska is.

RIP to the 18 people who were killed. Hopefully, the victims of the Mass shooting in Maine can recover from their physical injuries, and mental problems from being in a mass shooting.

I saw on the news that the shooter recently got release from a mental health facilities because he was hearing voices. I feel mental health facilities should be more careful at releasing dangerous people back into society.

RIP to the 18 people who were killed. Hopefully, the victims of the Mass shooting in Maine can recover from their physical injuries, and mental problems from being in a mass shooting.

I saw on the news that the shooter recently got release from a mental health facilities because he was hearing voices. I feel mental health facilities should be more careful at releasing dangerous people back into society.

I feel like this is more of a problem than most realize. So many times, when they dive into a shooter's past, they realize that the person has "slipped through the cracks". There were times when the person could have been helped, or at least taken off the streets, but they were just released back into society instead. (I'm talking about people with mental health problems but I'm also talking about people that are criminals or have had a brush with the law at least.)

I feel like this is more of a problem than most realize. So many times, when they dive into a shooter's past, they realize that the person has "slipped through the cracks". There were times when the person could have been helped, or at least taken off the streets, but they were just released back into society instead. (I'm talking about people with mental health problems but I'm also talking about people that are criminals or have had a brush with the law at least.)

Our society is just too big to catch/watch everyone for mental issues, which is a true shame.

I feel for the victims but I also feel for the shooter. No sane person wakes up one morning & thinks they want to mass kill a bunch of people. We need better healthcare out there. For physical & mental health.

Back