Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just bought, not too long ago, A new i7 Raptorlake CPU, Asrock Z790 Pro Rs Mobo PCIe 5 GPU ready , Be Quiet ! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU cooler and Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 .M2 SSD. I bought them whilst in Bali, Indonesia the prices were all significantly cheaper because they were all in rupiah their local currency lol

But Still missing the next RTX 5070 or RTX 5080 GPU and 32 GB DDR5 RAMs lol
FM7S9Bp.jpg

Last edited:
lol PLOT should be really good when it's complete. I must persevere for Tifa PLOT II! lol hopefully NVIDIA will be quick on getting the RTX 5000 GPU series out and with excellent price to performance ratio...

Nice!

I bet, many games and software will run very well on your PC now.

It is cool that you got a good deal on PC parts by buying them while in Indonesia.

Reactions: cm2
Read more on RTX 5000 GPU:

Nvidia’s RTX 50 series graphics card, codenamed “Blackwell”, is currently in development and testing. According to RedGamingTech‘s anchor Paul, this upcoming graphics card’s performance will outdo the RTX 40 series by 2-2.6 times. The consumer-grade RTX 50 will feature a monolithic CPU chip, while high-end HPC servers will use MCM. Manufactured using TSMC‘s 3nm process, specially customized for Nvidia graphics cards, the new process will improve ray tracing and path tracing performance with its optimized ultra-high-speed bus interconnectivity between SMs. With GDDR7 memory and PCIe Gen 5 support, the RTX 50 Blackwell GPU will provide clock frequencies exceeding 3GHz in games, as per Paul.

The 50 series cards may be unveiled towards the latter half of the year 2024.

Blackwell GPUs will feature massive overhaul to CUDA architecture though this isn't a ground-up design to say. The Blackwell SM units are expected to get a "New Structure" and there will be further optimizations and additions made to the denoising and Ray/Path Tracing hardware units.

Considering NVIDIA's recent push for Path Tracing in modern AAA titles, it looks like we will get even stronger on-chip hardware to process them. Maybe RT units will be replaced with more enhanced PT units, anything's possible, right?

The Blackwell GPUs are said to feature support for GDDR7 memory and while GDDR6X still has some room to spare but if GDDR7 provides better efficiency then it would definitely be a better choice. Now Samsung is working on its brand new GDDR6W DRAM which should provide even better performance & higher capacities though it's been a while since NVIDIA went back to the Sammy team on the consumer-end chips since leveraging Micron's technology. NVIDIA is using Samsung HBM solutions for its HPC and AI chips.

With that said, GDDR7 doesn't sound that far-fetched at all considering Cadence has already introduced the first solutions for verification testing of the new memory standard. Even Samsung announced that it will offer up to 36 Gbps transfer speeds with PAM3 signaling on GDDR7 dies & Micron is also expected to unveil its solution sooner or later. We are still a full year away from '24 so an intermediate refresh with GDDR6W and GDDR6X may still be possible.

lol GPU is called "Blackwell" so built in 4k native support for hentai PLOT Bible Black and the like.

Last edited:
I almost bought Asrock's Z790 Pro PCIe gen 5 ready Sonic Mobo but then I opted to buy the standard Pro Z790 Rs PCIe gen 5 mobo as shown in my pic above. Pro Z790 Rs I bought has the same spec as the sonic one but 75 bucks cheaper. Sorry Sonic yer not worth the extra 75 bucks lol

20221229035232.jpg

I almost bought Asrock's Z790 Pro PCIe gen 5 ready Sonic Mobo but then I opted to buy the standard Pro Z790 Rs PCIe gen 5 mobo as shown in my pic above. Pro Z790 Rs I bought has the same spec as the sonic one but 75 bucks cheaper. Sorry Sonic yer not worth the extra 75 bucks lol

20221229035232.jpg

You'd be paying for the name.

Nice rig. I just got a whole new system (pre-built). RTX 3070 w/ 8GB, Intel Core i9, 12th gen. I'm loving it!

It needs more RAM tho. I can get 32GB for like $60 something. :grin:

What is your new CPU cooler? i9 12th Gen Alder Lake runs really hot whilst gaming needs a good cooler. zoldos zoldos

I picked 13th Gen Raptor Lake core i7 even though it's running even hotter than both i9 12th Gen and i9 13th Gen because it's the new sweet spot with its price to performance ratio for CPU and beats all 12th gen i7,i5,i9 processors' performance. Only 13th gen i9 and AMD Ryzen 9 7950X can beat it atm, but they cost almost 200 bucks more. Better to use that +/-200 bucks for the upcoming PCIe Gen 5 RTX 50 GPU.

i7RaptorLake.jpg

Last edited:
The cooler is stock. Seems to work great tho. The GPU did get a bit warm so I turned off Nvidia DLSS :surpise:

Here is the exact CPU: 12th Gen i9-12900

It's a beast. That with a 1TB NVMe and everything, including boot up, is instant!! :grin:

Back