Ever had to cancel your vacation?

Heatman

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
A lot of people go through a lot of planning and scheduling to choose their vacation time from work.

Have you had an emergency from your boss when you're supposed to be in vacation to report in? If that happens, would you agree to come back in or give an excuse that you can't be able to make it?

Hrmmm, can't say I have, but I don't take many.

It depends on the type of work that I am doing. If I am a doctor and one of the best in my firm, I will have to cancel my vacation to turn up at work.

Yes more than once.
When some critical issue pops up, you will have to work no matter where you are and you need to postpone whatever you are doing (_ _)/

Ugh, canceling a vacation is like breaking up with a tropical paradise - it's heartbreaking and you know you'll be miserable without it. But hey, there's always next year, right?

Ugh, canceling a vacation is like breaking up with a tropical paradise - it's heartbreaking and you know you'll be miserable without it. But hey, there's always next year, right?
Till they still ask you to cancel for next year too because you're always willing to compromise :disappointment:

Yes more than once.
When some critical issue pops up, you will have to work no matter where you are and you need to postpone whatever you are doing (_ _)/

Some critical issues will definitely need you turning up to work. You will have to do it for humanity.

Not for humanity but for my sanity.
Or else my manager would keep on calling me and I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy my vacation.
It's why I don't blame a friend of mine who go offline completely whenever he's on vacation. He's not taking any calls!

It's why I don't blame a friend of mine who go offline completely whenever he's on vacation. He's not taking any calls!
One of the prerequisites for my leave approval is that I should be available when things go terribly wrong. Well, it's not just me but for most of the experienced folks. It's hard to handle lead responsibilities (_ _)

One of the prerequisites for my leave approval is that I should be available when things go terribly wrong. Well, it's not just me but for most of the experienced folks. It's hard to handle lead responsibilities (_ _)

Being a leader means you should be able to handle challenges and make sacrifices. It is truly not easy being one.

I usually decline coming to work when I'm supposed to be off. I won't compromise my vacation either.

Same here. There have been times that my hubby and I have planned a vacation and to cancel would mean that we'd loose the money we'd already paid for that vacation. So I won't cancel the vacation and loose all that money.

Same here. There have been times that my hubby and I have planned a vacation and to cancel would mean that we'd loose the money we'd already paid for that vacation. So I won't cancel the vacation and loose all that money.

If the work that you are doing involves life and death, you are likely to cancel the vacation, trust me.

While we don't take vacations anymore, we haven't had to cancel them due to a boss or work. We may have had to reschedule due to our own lives but that was it. Our vacations were pretty flexible especially when we stayed with family.

Being a leader means you should be able to handle challenges and make sacrifices. It is truly not easy being one.
I wish I hadn't worked too hard. I have about 6.2 years of work experience at the moment. However, I started working as a lead for almost close to 2.5 years now... Which is just crazy when compared to other projects and I wish I had the brains to enjoy my professional life rather than rushing into stuff to prove myself

I wish I hadn't worked too hard. I have about 6.2 years of work experience at the moment. However, I started working as a lead for almost close to 2.5 years now... Which is just crazy when compared to other projects and I wish I had the brains to enjoy my professional life rather than rushing into stuff to prove myself

Rushing into challenges to prove yourself ain't bad too. It shows that you are doing a great job.

Back