Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

OpTic Texas's Hector "H3CZ" Rodriguez and Seth "Scump" Abner have filed a lawsuit against Activision, looking for a whopping $680 million in damages after they had alleged that the publisher had essentially turned the pro Call of Duty scene into its monopoly. In their lawsuit, the players claimed that Activision held too much control over high-level professional Call of Duty and both franchises and players, enriching the company while the pros did the hard work.

The only issue I can see with this is that it has been quite some time since the MLG mergers happened and the people involved had long careers in the new league before taking action. I'm not a legal expert, but that can't look too good for winning over a jury or judge.

The only issue I can see with this is that it has been quite some time since the MLG mergers happened and the people involved had long careers in the new league before taking action. I'm not a legal expert, but that can't look too good for winning over a jury or judge.
Yeah, I would figure those Teams have legal protections over their players. We would have to know if Activision banning people like Marc Marc was unlawful because they just kept the other people playing who were already in teams. It sounds like a server-side thing. The advertising thing for their game should leave more good players on an equal footing instead of who Activision chooses for tournaments.

Sadly, after watching the Qualifiers this weekend, the fans are taking it out on the team, players, and staff. I'm not pro Activision by any means and have watched they esports make terrible choices for years, but this is not the way.

I'm curious to see how this lawsuit would play out. Activision is now owned by Microsoft and they have a lot of money so I'm curious to see if these pro players could pull off this lawsuit or if it'll end up costing them in the long run. I haven't been interested in Call of Duty since around Black Ops 3, so around 2015-2016.

I'm curious to see how this lawsuit would play out. Activision is now owned by Microsoft and they have a lot of money so I'm curious to see if these pro players could pull off this lawsuit or if it'll end up costing them in the long run. I haven't been interested in Call of Duty since around Black Ops 3, so around 2015-2016.

I'm sure they have no hope of winning.

Back