3DS finally outsells Xbox 360 in Japan

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Finally? The 3DS has been out for a few months, the 360's been out for years. Pretty quick if you ask me.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]That just comes to show that Nintendo has the best games, Xbox 360 has Mostly "T" And "M" rated games...[/font]

While I have nothing against the Xbox as a console, this is at least some good news in regards to the 3DS recently. Now all we need is Mario Kart 7, and Nintendo's troubles might be behind them.

Whoa, this was pretty quick. The 360 must've never really taken off in Japan. I wonder how well the PS3 did there, in that case.

At least it's is a change to see a positive glimmer of hope for the 3DS if it can surpass Japanese 360 sales. Just as you said Nin3DS, let's look to the future, play games like Mario Kart 7, and kick major butt!

The 360 mostly contains games more enjoyed by Western areas.
The funny thing is that, as an example, in Japan, the 360 has acquired more SHMUPS (Shoot em' ups) that many PlayStation owners would definitely want in their library. Also a lot of paid exclusivity rights done in the early years of this generation was Microsoft's method of sure fire success. But alas, the national pride behind Japan's love for Sony/Nintendo paralleled to that of the Xbox love here in the U.S. Each franchise has their strongest territories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been a huge fan of Nintendo. I like them so much more than the competition in terms of both systems and franchises, so YAY NINTENDO!!!

Take that stupid Xbox!!!

Seriously, what? It's just another gaming console. Why hate it? It has great games.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]That just comes to show that Nintendo has the best games, Xbox 360 has Mostly "T" And "M" rated games...[/font]

...and what's wrong with T and M rated games?

My good friend is Japanese, and he told me that the 360 is considered too expensive in Japan. That probably isn't the whole reason why it sold so poorly, but bravo to the 3DS.

Back