Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft has submitted a patent that could greatly improve the viewing experience of esports competition livestreams and beyond. Specifically, Microsoft's new patent describes a machine learning solution that would be trained to keep track of esports competition livestreams and then immediately report the occurrence of particular events directly to the viewers. Whereas Microsoft's eye-tracking technology patent may sound more ominous at a glance, the featured patent instead appears to be a pure quality-of-life computing system that could report on the relevant esports match results, for example, without outside input and without having to wait for external verification of the live score.

More here.

Hopefully, Microsoft's system to analyze esports competitions can help make esports more fun, and engaging.

I feel like this may help, but overall the largest viewer issues I have are the complete lack of information flow and news from leagues. So many leagues drop packs of info on social media like Twitter and it gets lost to the masses during large events. All the while, their main sites are left void of updates and completely lacking timely updates.

Look at the Halo Champion Series, all the news is done in randomly released blog posts that sit within all their other dev posts. No master site for scores, rankings, stats, etc. Just blog posts that can't be found and are full of TBA info slots that will never get updated.

Compare that to say the NFL or any major sport, they are basically assaulting people with stats and news to the point that even the most dedicated fan can keep up with everything and casual fans can always find the info they need.

A lot of people still struggle with streaming eSports games and tournaments. If Microsoft can pull this off, they must have brought lots of visibility to the game.

I can imagine this would be very helpful for those not into watching every game or have to work during, so they miss out prior to this. I wonder how easy this will be to integrate over various games and systems Microsoft may have issues with. Namely non-Xbox titles or exclusives.

I can imagine this would be very helpful for those not into watching every game or have to work during, so they miss out prior to this. I wonder how easy this will be to integrate over various games and systems Microsoft may have issues with. Namely non-Xbox titles or exclusives.

They should kickstart first and work their ways around it.

If they really want to do it, I'm very sure that they are capable of doing it because they have the money to finance such tech and project.

If they really want to do it, I'm very sure that they are capable of doing it because they have the money to finance such tech and project.

Can they go ahead to do it? That is the question because they will want to know what is in for them.

I think they might plan on sports betting after this project is in motion. eSports betting.

It's something sports gamblers would definitely love to get into.

I've placed bet on one of those and lost. I mean on a team that I have zero knowledge about. This is something that I will always have to take a look at as well in the future to avoid losing more.

I've placed bet on one of those and lost. I mean on a team that I have zero knowledge about. This is something that I will always have to take a look at as well in the future to avoid losing more.
Gambling on sports blindly will always get you to lose.

Back