Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Do you believe employees should give a 2 week notice upon quitting their job? Or leave/burn bridges?

Yes, because if you don't, you run the risk of being put on that company's do not rehire list (yes, thats a thing).

If you don’t want to work there ever again, I don’t see anything wrong with burning bridges. If it was an amicable split, it’d be a common courtesy to give a two week notice.

Do you believe employees should give a 2 week notice upon quitting their job? Or leave/burn bridges?

Based!.

But make sure you quit after getting your salary because (at least here) they can garnish your last 2 weeks of wages as an option over waiting 2 weeks.

Companies also hold compensation they you've technically 'earned' but don't pay up till you complete some amount of time so if you leave you forfeit that and other bullshit helps keep a leash on employees.

I never burned any bridges, I always gave a 2-week notice. My grandfather said if you work for a set pay, then you should give it 100%. And if you're going to leave to give a 2-week notice and that stuck with me all my life.

Companies also hold compensation they you've technically 'earned' but don't pay up till you complete some amount of time so if you leave you forfeit that and other bullshit helps keep a leash on employees.

Honestly you can't blame companies for this, you can't have people join up a little bit and then run with money. Though at my company it is six years before you keep all 401k investments which sucks >_>

I have always given my 2 week notice. Even if I'm not respected there, does not mean I have to not have respect for myself in doing the right thing.

Back