Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Disney+ subscribers who share their passwords with other people to avoid them having to buy their own subscription could be in for a shock starting in June. Disney CEO Bob Iger has confirmed that the streamer will seek to achieve growth by forcing households who use shared passwords and accounts to start paying up.

That doesn't shock me at all, it's all about the mighty dollar. But they are not going to get my money. I make use of my local library network and rent movies for free from the library.

Last edited:
I'm not surprise that Disney is cracking down on sharing passwords since other streaming services are also cracking down on password sharing.

That doesn't shock me at all, it's all about the mighty dollar. But they are not going to get my money. I make use of my local library network and rent movies for free from the library.
We take advantage of our library system too. Plus they are part of a bigger system of libraries so we can put movies (books, CDs) on hold even when our own doesn't carry them. Only problem is sometimes you get a DVD & it can't be played because people who had it before didn't take good care of it.

It is such a shame most companies are doing this. My mum, brother and grandma share passwords for Netflix and Disney+ to make things easier, my mum will share her password for Netflix with my brother and my brother will share his password for Disney+ in exchange. My grandma pays a little towards the Netflix amount each month to use my mum's account making it affordable for all of them.

Cost of living is not helping anyone and this was one way for those who were struggling to be able to gain access to these services, it is such as shame that big companies like this target those who look for ways to help with their finances.

Yep, I have the same problem at my library which is why I started getting Blu-rays instead. It's a lot harder to scratch a Blu-ray.
I get some of mine on Blu-Ray but didn't realize they were more durable. Thank you for that tip :)

Back