AI in Film; Will It Stop You From Seeing Movies?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style
On another forum, someone posted that they aren't going to watch Late Night with The Devil because the film has THREE AI generated images in it. My thought process is, if you're going to boycott a movie because of something that may or may not stand out, then you weren't going to see it to begin with.

That being said, I can understand if AI dominated the movie, from the script, to the visual effects and that inbetween, but for THREE pictures? The outrage seems farfetched.

I wouldn't mind at all if you couldn't tell the difference. But if it's something that stands out like old school green screens, then yes I wouldn't watch it.

It make me less likely to see it.

I think I am less likely to watch a film with AI because I read a blog post that AI generated pictures have problems drawing hands, and other objects which would make the movie less enjoyable.

If it becomes more prevalent in the medium to which the difference is unnoticeable without being told before or after the movie is done, I wouldn't avoid stopping seeing movies of my values.

Back